Friday, September 7, 2012

You Could Have Been Bait

I was driving over to the car dealer today to get something fixed and I passed by a gas station that had a 'Live Bait Sold Here' sign out front. I know that this is not uncommon in the country, but 15 miles from downtown Chicago, it caught my attention.

Ironically, the first thought that went thru my head was "Damn, it has to suck to be born into this world as bait."

I mean, you don't really get to live a life as a minnow and then die with family around you -- you're basically bred to be fed to bigger fish. You think about the conversations we have to have with our children; think about what that conversation between papa fish and baby fish must be like.

We all want more than we have. You can tell me otherwise, but you're lying. It's why we go to Vegas. It's why we play the lottery. It's why some choose to lie, cheat, and steal (for good or bad reasons). We all want more of something (love, money, etc.), and whether we're male or female, old or young, Republican or Democrat, we all need to take time to reflect and thank the good Lord that we weren't born into this world as bait.

It's all relative my friends. There's not really a lesson in here other than to realize that the grass isn't always greener, and that maybe, just maybe, things are better than they appear.

If you like this content (and I hope you do), please connect with me on Linked In, Google Plus, or follow me on Twitter, and Subscribe to this Blog via RSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment