Then there was WCMS. Then WCM. Then CXM. And so on and so forth (and yes, I'm clearly skipping over dozens of others!).
As a marketer, you're charged with knowing what they all mean, and how the solution you (and/or your IT team) have chosen supports the functionality encompassed in the different acronyms.
And that's not easy.
The good news (tongue in cheek) is that I'm happy to add another one to the list; Digital Experience Management (DEM). Now, don't be scared, it's just a new twist on all the other acronyms that better reflects the technologies that marketers today really need to be successful.
The crux is that the ideal customer experience requires a new approach, one that allows marketers to consistently deliver the right content, to the right user, at the right time, in the right channel. Customers expect relevancy from their first experience with your company or brand, and a consistent experience across all channels - web, mobile device, email, and social. Marketers are challenged to analyze customer behavior and optimize content delivery accordingly.
Ektron recently released our Digital Experience Management solution, which:
"enables companies to acquire more customers and deliver consistent, relevant content across all digital channels in a way that can be measured and optimized to achieve business results."Sounds great, right? But, the key is understanding that the new functionality is fairly minimal -- it's how it can all be tied together that makes this special.
There's essentially six components:
- Content Targeting - the ability to leverage Ektron's content personalization framework to drive content within the context of a user's visit.
- Email Marketing and Marketing Automation - the ability to tightly integrate with the leading email marketing and marketing automation tools like Marketo, HubSpot, Eloqua, Exact Target and more, and to utilize the data and content from those systems within Ektron's Content Targeting technology.
- Web and Marketing Analytics - the ability to understand the performance of websites and marketing campaigns, at a deeper level than ever possible before.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - the ability to leverage integrated search engine optimization functionality that maximizes the impact the web content management system can have on your organic rankings.
- Multichannel Delivery - the ability to deliver consistent messages and branding across all digital channels.
- Integrate with Existing Tools - the ability to leverage Ektron's Digital Experience Hub technology to tightly integrate with your existing CRM, Marketing Automation, and Web Analytics investments to deliver a unified customer experience.
To learn more about Ektron's DEM solution, please visit: http://www.ektron.com/Products/Web-CMS/Digital-Experience-Management/.
If you like this content (and I hope you do), please connect with me on Linked In, Google Plus, or follow me on Twitter, and Subscribe to this Blog via RSS.